The CobbWorks Literacy Program and the CobbWorks B.O.S.S. Young Professionals program hosted and celebrated eighteen (18) graduates during the Summer 2022 Literacy Program Graduation Ceremony. Eleven (11) individuals received a high school diploma and a total of seven (7) individuals aged 16 to 24 received a GED.
Working in collaboration with Cobb Adult Education and the American International Cyber Institute, adult participants received an opportunity to elevate their career trajectory by earning either a high school diploma or GED. In addition to earning these foundational credentials, participants received a wealth of resources and services, including:
· Career coaching
· English as a second language (ESL);
· Digital, financial, and family literacy services
· Professional development/soft skills workshops
· Resume and interview skills support
· Barrier removal in the form of supportive services
· Up to $10,000 in scholarships over 2 years for post-secondary education/skills training.
· Internships and work experience
· Employment opportunities
The program goals are to improve employability and wages for
youth and adults through education, employment, and training.